Tuesday, July 10, 2012

candy...from the album / "short stories"

candy was my best friend
when i was 12 years old
her ears hung to the floor
her nose was black as coal
i would take candy for a walk
just about every night
the bad guys all kept away
'cause candy she would bite

two in the  morning
i would take her to the park
she would look at me as if to say
"it's too fucking late" then bark
candy ate my fishing gear
candy got a spank
candy ate my gold fish
she broke the fucking tank

i was 18 years old
listening to elton's "little jeannie"
i came up the front stairs
and my mother said to me
"there was nothing we could fucking do
just ask your step dad it's fucking true
the veterinarian he really tried"
i just turned away and cried

candy was my best friend
when i was just a boy
a dogs love is unconditional
guess that's why there is so much joy

No comments:

Post a Comment