Wednesday, June 9, 2010

tennis

between 1981 and 1983...i taught tennis for the city of halifax...now...as you may guess...my technique may have been just a tad different than that of many tennis instructors...my objective was to create an environment where people felt and in fact were loved...create a sense of community and belonging...and allow learning (and possibly healing) to spring from there...i remember the end of year event...my kids against the kids from another tennis sight at the other side of the city...coming forth to get their little trophy or whatever...my kids were hugging me and in mourning...the other instructor...well...i dont know sweet fuck all about " hitlers youth "...but my guess is...it was probably similar...no joy...no sharing...no trust...just cold and empty... his kids were more talented than mine too...("they came from the land of opportunity") ...but guess who won ??? i dont know...i think the learning methods in every walk of society should be questioned actually...luv stu

No comments:

Post a Comment