Friday, June 4, 2010

supper time

quite a few years ago...during one of my not so financially secure periods...i was downtown with a friend during supper time...he wanted a steak but was completely broke...my attitude in regards to such things is as follows...the only things we can take "with us"...are our integrity...our word...and our acts of love...that is to say...fuck it...if my friend wants a steak...then i will buy him a fucking steak...so i sat there and drank my water as he ate...afterward...i got myself something a little cheaper not too far away...but heres the shit...when the waitress asked him what he wanted to eat...his reply was..."i cant afford to eat"...in turn...the waitress looked at me like i was the biggest ass hole in the universe...point...the god of most people...is themselves...and once that god is made god...all becomes about you...dont be like this...the road to true joy...is to love another more than you love yourself..."they loved their lives not even unto death"...luv stu

No comments:

Post a Comment